|TEF Tips - LPT Port Address|
|TEF Home||TEF25||TEFKITS||Software||Accessories||TEF Talk||TEF Tips||Price List||Sales||Tech Support|
|Gray or Green Face Icon||TEF20 analyzer is not detecting attached computer. Relay clicking is heard.|
|Protocol||Click = Single Left Click. [Bold Face] = Buttons/Menu Commands. Bold Face = Important Information. Italics = Filled in information. Underline = Text box.|
|On some installations, communications cannot be accomplished as Windows will incorrectly detect the printer port address.|
|1. Relay clicking is heard when TEF is powered up or when Reset is pushed.
2. Power LED is on.
3. Dip switch positions 7 and 8 are set to off (Up). (TEF Mode).
4. Dip switch positions 5 and 6 are set to on (Down) for 57600 Baud Rate.
5. You are running Sound Lab for Windows V6.6.4b or higher software.
|1. Launch TEF software.|
|2. Click the [Input] button on the Menu Bar.|
|3. Click on [Communications] on the pull down menu.
4. Under [Settings], make sure Com Port Baud Rate is set to 57600.
5. Manually select the LPT port base address.
6. Try the addresses in this order:
See step 7 below.
|7. Select an address, go to the [Hardware] Tab and select [LPT1], click [OK]. Listen for relays clicking.
8. When you hear relays clicking, the correct address has been selected.
|9. You should now have either an "unhappy" (green face) or "happy" (yellow face) in the TEF Status Icon.|
|If the Icon is green, click on it. This will cause the TEF to reset. It is sometimes necessary to click on it more than once, especially under Windows XP.|
|top||TEF Home||TEF25||TEFKITS||Software||Accessories||TEF Talk||TEF Tips||Price List||Sales||Tech Support|