||Speaker Test (ST)
Speaker Test Software
- The ultimate in technology
- Production testing of loudspeakers has never been so accurate, simple,
fast or easy. Speaker Test is a software package designed exclusively for
use with the TEF analyzer for production on line speaker testing with
high ambient noise rejection. Developed for use with a PC, Speaker Test
software features a choice of engineer or operator mode. The engineer mode
is used by quality assurance and engineering personnel who design and supervise
the individual measurements and tests that make up overall product testing.
The operator mode provides simplified menu designs for routine automated
testing which can be initiated with a bar code reader or keypad.
- The ultimate in versatility
- Speaker Test is ideally suited at incoming inspection to verify the
performance of individual components, during the manufacturing process
or for final inspection. Tests available include frequency response, phase
response, impedance versus frequency, single-channel FFT, harmonic distortion,
harmonic tracking, THD and THD plus noise. Speaker Test gives you ultimate
control over the testing process. Using a variety of simple to complex
setups, Speaker Test can test many different operational parameters and
determine overall pass/fail statistics.
- The test can be as simple as a frequency response curve compared to
a pass/fail window or as complex as 30 different tests performed back-to-back
or in any selected order. Standards may be made from either a single loudspeaker
or a batch with minimum/maximum values or standard deviation. Statistics
of individual pass/fail criteria are maintained to help determine trends,
and a review mode allows the engineer to re-test a specific batch of speakers
off the production line using original measurement data stored on the disk.
- The ultimate in Speaker Test Software
- The TEF analyzer features two line-level and two preamp inputs. Any
input can be selected in the software, ensuring maximum flexibility in
the tests you want to perform. Test output can be sent to screen or printer
or saved to disk for flexible handling of results in rework or reports.
Up to two graphs can be printed per page.
- To speak to the TEF Sales Department, call 203-938-2588.
- Package contents
- Cable for impedance measurements
- Speaker Test software and manual
- Test types
- Time Test (ETC)
- Frequency Test (TDS)
- Test types (with pass/fail window option)
- Frequency response
- Harmonic tracking
- Impedance vs. frequency
- Phase response
- Harmonic distortion
- THD plus noise
- Test sequence
- A specific production sequence can contain from one to 30 lines of
screen text, buzz tests and remote triggering along with the above test
types in any order or combination.
- Operator or engineer mode
- View detail of each measurement
- Smoothing of data and pass/fail limits
- Tracking by serial number information
- Output can be ported to screen, disk or printer
- Statistical information on each model or batch
- Password protection for Engineer mode
- Multiple methods of establishing pass/fail limits
- Site license available
- Modes of operation
- Operator mode: This mode is used by an operator performing routine
automated testing. Options available in Operator mode are limited to those
designed into the test by the engineer.
- Engineer mode: This mode is used by quality assurance and engineering
personnel who design and supervise the individual measurements and tests
that make up overall product testing.
Pass/Fail limits can be created in various ways:
- Setting an envelope in a specified range above and below a referenced
- Statistical analysis of the measurements of a batch of loudspeakers
- Using the cursor to draw any arbitrary limits
Once a pass/fail limit is created, it can be modified manually by the
use of a cursor.
- Operator mode-main menu commands
- 1) Select test
- 2) Do test
- 3) Set delay
- 4) Set amp level
- 5) Graph display (on-off)
- 6) Saved for future commands
- 7) Statistics
- 8) Keyboard/barcode input
- 9) Stop test
- 10) Quit
- Selections 3, 4, 7 and 8 can be enabled or disabled at the option of
- Bar code reader
- To gather information, start tests
- For data gathered in one specific test type; engineer mode only
- Difference mode
- Shows the difference between a measurement and the data in reference
- External Trigger
- External devices can be triggered through a parallel port on the computer
- TEF requirements
- Works with TEF25, TEF20 HI or TEF20 SHIP with DSP host interface card
- Printers supported
- Windows compatible printers
- Computer system requirements
- Pentium Class Microprocessor
- RAM- Four megabytes of available memory
- Monitor- VGA (640x480)
- Hard disk - 80 megabytes
- Operating system - Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP
- FOR TEF20's -
- Interface- One unused 8-bit ISA PC slot for installation of DSP host
interface card. Not compatible with the IBM* Micro Channel Architecture
- ®The trademark SOUND LAB is licensed under United States Trademark
Registration No. 1,424,678 and 1,732,027.
PASS/FAIL WINDOWS CAN BE EASILY RECALLED FOR REVIEW
ENGINEER MODE PARAMETERS MENU WITH FREQUENCY STANDARD ENTRY SELECTED.
STARTUP SCREEN FOR OPERATOR MODE.